I won't lie, I've been doing some pretty serious beauty shopping recently (let's call it a refresher for spring), so I've got a considerable haul for you today. A mix of Asian goodies, and some (very late) Sephora V.I.B sale haulage, hopefully there's something here for everyone.
Let's start with the Asian goodies! My cousin flew in from Taiwan to attend our cousin's wedding, and she went above and beyond my usual order of beauty products. I didn't show you any sheet masks or amazing heated eye masks (link), because God knows you've seen them enough on here before!
1. Shiseido Majolica Majorca Lash King Mascara: This bad boy is not only my favorite Asian mascara, it is solidly top three in my favorite mascaras of all time (see it in action here). This is the only mascara I've been using for the past six months or so, and since my cousin was nice enough to get me three of these babies, I'm not slowing down any time soon.
2. Dejavu It's Fiberwig Mascara: I'm a total Asian mascara junkie, so I can't wait to try this. I mentioned in my recent Beauty Cravings post how this particular product has fiber tubing technology to make your lashes look incredibly long, which means it must be tried. Length isn't usually what I look for in a mascara (you know I'm all about the curl-holding), but I wanted to see how this one worked, since it's the fibers in the Lash King that I love so much.
3. V. Rohto Ex Eye Drops: Is anyone surprised? I've probably talked about these (here, here, and here) as much as I've talked about Batiste Dry Shampoo, Shu Uemura eyelash curler, or any other of my Holy Grail products. Yes, they're only eye drops but they are the ultimate eye drops. Intensely cooling, refreshing and hydrating, a few drops are an incredible pick-me-up, especially when you hit a nasty mid-day slump. I honestly was never an eye drop person before I found these, and now that I have, I refuse to go anywhere without them.
4. Tamagohada AHA + BHA Cleanser: AHA + BHA cleansers are much more common in Asian (and much more reasonably priced and widely available), so my cousin popped one into my goody bag. I haven't tried one of these in a while and don't remember the results I got, so I'm looking forward to giving this a whirl.
5. Kawae Pore Tape: The Biore pore strips never really worked for me, despite how many clogged pores I have in my nose, which I've always thought meant the strips weren't strong enough. I've said it before, and I'll say it again--nobody does skincare like Asian brands, so I have high hopes for this tape.
6. K-Palette One Day Tattoo Liquid Eyeliner: I'm in the midst of a serious liquid liner phase, which my cousin picked up on. Curious to investigate this "1 Day Tattoo" claim!
Onto the Sephora stuff, because I just had to indulge at the Sephora V.I.B sale!
7. Marc Jacobs The Conceal Brush: I'm still surprised that I bought this, because my makeup brush philosophy focuses on the cheapie but goodie brushes (looking at you, Real Techniques!). But I was hearing so much noise about this, and I have been looking for an under-eye concealer brush since Estee Lauder Double Wear is thick stuff. It's dirty because I used it yesterday, and was so impressed almost immediately. It's way too early for a full review, but my under-eye concealer looked ultra-smooth and I was able to use even less product than I normally do. Hands down, the fastest and smoothest I've gotten my concealer on.
8. Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara: I had a little sample of this and didn't like it for my upper lashes, but love it for my lower. This stuff produces ultra soft and feathery lashes so much so that I prefer it to Clinique Bottom Lash. My sample's running out, so I took advantage of the sale to pick up the full-size.
9. Urban Decay Ink It Waterproof Liquid Liner: I've been using this for a week or so now, and it's already a daily makeup bag must. I can't compare it to the K-Palette one yet, but this liner goes on easily and lasts through my whole day without smudging, and I love how ultra-black it is.
10. Alterna Caviar Omega + Nourishing Hair Oil: You know I'm a hair oil junkie, but had never heard of this stuff until my friend gave it a glowing review and insisted I try it. I've only used it once or twice so far, but the softness factor was absolutely incredible. At the moment, it's even knocked my Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Oil down a few pegs!
I should confess to a naughty perfume purchase, but I'll save that for next week's Most Valuable Products: April 2014.
Hope you're having a lovely weekend, and you just may see a NOTW post tomorrow! =)