A massive and incredibly well-stocked CVS just opened near my office, and a quick trip inside has now become part of my lunchtime routine. I've been in there everyday for the past week or so, trying (and failing) to escape from the cold, and slowly accumulated a whole slew of new drugstore goodies.
I've only used two of these, so this will mostly be a straight haul--no first impressions or anything. Let's start with the ones I'm most excited about!
1. Garnier Clean + Nourishing Cleansing Oil: How long, O Lord, have I waited for a drugstore skincare line to come out with a cleansing oil?! It's been at least five years, since I first tried Shu Uemura's cult classic. I've been using this since last week, and am hoping to get a review up soon, but in case you couldn't tell, I am beyond thrilled that the more niche/speciality skincare items (typically associated with high-end lines), are finally making their way to the drugstore shelves.
2. CoverGirl TruMagic Skin Perfector: This is one of those new-generation kinds of makeup that works as a finishing/touch-up product. I'm especially thrilled about this one, because like with the cleansing oil, I love when drugstore brands make new formulations and technologies so affordable and readily available. This is basically a solid silicone primer, along the lines of my Jouer Essential Matte Touch (post), as well as the Mally Evercolor Poreless Face Defender, which I picked up not too long ago. I'm smelling a comparison review in the works!
3. CoverGirl Bombshell Intensity Liner: I'm cursing myself right now for accidentally picking up chocolate kiss instead of whatever variation of "black" they're calling the black shade, but either way, I'm still excited to give this a go. Another eyeliner is the very last thing I need, but I've been feeling the itch to get a new one, and this will happily take care of that for me. Plus, as anyone with ridiculously oily eyelids knows, you can never have too many long-wearing eyeliners! (Just taken a look at my eyeliner drawer. Incorrect.)
4. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Retro Glam Mascara: I'm really in the mood to do some Mascara Experimentation posts (it's been a while since my last one), so I thought this would be a good one to try, especially considering that I've never tried a Rimmel mascara before. That might be because they generally don't seem suited to puny lashes like mine, but it's about time I actually gave them a try before pre-judging.
5. CVS Gel Polish Remover Wraps: I got all excited when I saw these today and bought them on the spot, and now that I'm planning on using it (I have 2.5 week old gel on right now), am thinking it may have been a waste of money. I thought this would be an all-inclusive kit for removing gel nails, but it's just tin foil and a wooden manicure stick--no speciality gel remover which I thought it would include. It's not crazy expensive at $8.99, but it's definitely overpriced for what it is.
6. Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Conditioner: I somehow ran out of conditioner last week and have been using my deep hair masks/treatments instead. My hair could use the extra nourishment, but I felt like I needed a regular conditioner, and this new one by Dove looked perfect. (Note: any hair product with the word oil in it looks perfect to me). Between "dry oil" in the title, and the "non greasy conditioner" claim on the packaging, this seems to be marketed for finer hair types, so I'm curious to see how it does with my perpetually dry (but even more so now) hair.
7. Essie Luxeffects Sparkle On Top: Apparently, this was part of the Holiday 2013 collection, so it's not quite new, but I only saw it last week so we'll pretend that it is. I haven't worn glitter in ages, since when I look at glitter polishes all I can see is how annoying it'll be to take off, but something about this looked worth the effort. This looks like the color of a winter blizzard, which is perfect timing, given what the weather is like for me right now. The particles in this topcoat are more silvery-holographic chunks than straight glitter, so fingers crossed it'll be less of a pain to remove!
Hopefully my Garnier Cleansing Oil review will be up Friday!
I've got a surprise coming up very soon--and no, it's not that I'm actually learning how to use my fancy camera and take good pictures. Think within the realm of possibility, folks. =)