I've been ignoring the last few OPI collections as their colors or texture haven't been for me (I can't get behind the Liquid Sand thing), but the second I saw the decidedly autumnal San Francisco range I knew I wouldn't be able to resist. As a die-hard New Yorker, I decided to temporarily put aside my passionate feelings of N.Y > S.F. (don't start with me)*, and picked up two of the colors, I Knead Sourdough and Muir Muir on the Wall.
*My anti-San Francisco feelings have nothing to do with the actual city or anything in it. It's really only because my cousins keep abandoning me and our East Coast family in favor of the Bay Area
Muir Muir is unfortunately sheer (which is extra disappointing given how stunning the color is), but I Knead Sourdough is right on par with OPI quality. I wasn't quite sure if I would like it at first, but this is another one of those unusual autumnal colors that I can't get enough of. A little bit bronzey with some shimmer running through it, I Knead Sourdough is a beautiful antique-looking coppery purple. In some lighting it comes across as more bronzey-brown and sometimes it looks much more aubergine. No matter what shade it leans towards, it's striking in such an unusual way and the dusky tones of the polish remind me of foliage, Thanksgiving dinners (yes, plural), and buttery leather booties.
Apologies to all the summer lovers, but fall is on its way and I couldn't be more thrilled!
Updates! (It's been a while, hm?)
- Speaking of buttery leather booties, I am obsessed with this Aldo pair. Now it's just a matter of waiting for them to go on sale...
- Upon coming home, I naturally headed straight to Shake Shack to try the new hand-cut fries (priorities, people!). It's nice to know they're making an effort to serve fresher food, but damnit, the frozen crinkle cuts were so much better.
- The Elemental Herbology skincare regimen (post) is going a bit rough at the moment. I'm actually having a really hard time sticking to just those products--I am flakiness personified--and may have cheated a bit. More on that in its own post.
- I'm in desperate need of a haircut, so I will once again be trying a new hair salon (since all previous experiences of the past few years have been complete crap). Recommendations are very much welcome!
- The Tom Ford She Wolf palette. I need this. You can read all about its gorgeous, bronzey and versatile self in Christine's review.
- I've recently taken inventory of all my beauty "stock" and am mildly horrified. It's probably not as terrible as all that, but I'm in the midst of a serious decluttering phase and have been really pleased to pare down my hoarding and give away product to friends and homeless women's shelters.
I'm so happy to be back to blogging--I've missed it terribly!
Hope you're having a beautiful weekend!