Sorry I skipped a post this week, but I had two good reasons for doing so:
1) I bought the wrong mascara for the Mascara Experimentation post I was planning for.
2) Wednesday was my 21st birthday! (Pic at the end of the post).
You can understand why I felt like giving myself the day off. =)
I'm back to business now, and this week's nail polish has me particularly excited. Peach Daiquiri doesn't look like much in the bottle, as in a sea of bright corally-pinks, it's not exactly distinguishable. But there's just something about the balance of this color that feels fresh. It's not really orangey or too pink or too reddish--it actually looks like all those shades mixed together to create the perfect summertime nail color.
The color is fabulous and to top it off, there's a certain shine Peach Daiquiri has that leaves your nails looking...juicy. I didn't use a topcoat, but all week, I've felt like there's something in the finish that gives this polish an extra kick. It was also lovely to apply, with minimal streaking in the first coat, and then the second leaving me with beautifully opaque, smooth nails. Peach Daiquiri isn't as incredible as Essie Ole Caliente (post) in terms of formula, but it's still a good one, and I expect to have this shade on my toes all summer.
- Have you heard about these cronuts (half croissant/half donut)?! Buzzfeed has some serious food porn shots here, and I've already made it my highest priority to try them out next week.
- I know the textured nail polish trend is taking off, but I think I have to draw the line at "Fuzzy."
- L'Oreal just launched their new dry shampoo--I'll try it out this week and get a review up as soon as I can.
- I've been trying to fight it, but finally caved a few weeks ago: I'm on Instagram! Follow me here!
Sorry, it was dark in there!
- I turned 21 on Wednesday, and instead of going birthday-tiara all out at a club, opted for a more low-key celebration. Some people thought I would regret not hardcore partying on my 21st (really?), but I couldn't have been happier with our relaxed dinner at a lovely restaurant. We lingered for hours over the table--incredible food, fancy cocktails I couldn't fully appreciate, and some of my favorite people. Twenty-one isn't looking too shabby!
Have a wonderful (3-day) weekend!