I was feeling kind of down this weekend, and naturally, decided to perk myself up by putting together another wish-list of beauty goodies. Go ahead and call me fickle, but by the time I was investigating Dior nail polishes, I was already starting to feel better.
Hope this cures any cases of the Monday blues!
1. Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom and Honey Cologne: I didn't even know about this particular scent until I caught a whiff of it in a magazine and instantly fell in love. It's (as you would guess) fruity and floral in a beautifully balanced way with the sweetness of the honey playing perfectly with the delicacy of the nectarine blossom. It reminds me a bit of their Orange Blossom cologne, but only vaguely, and I think I'd like this one even better.
2. Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner in Diamond Burgundy #11: I was having a Lisa Eldridge marathon (please tell me I'm not alone!), when I saw her use this particular liner on an Asian model. It worked beautifully on her skin and eye coloring, and managed to look different without straying too much from being a neutral. I'm on a liquid liner kick right now and don't have any color remotely similar to this, so you'll probably be seeing this in a haul post at some point.
3. Goldfaden MD Wake Up Call Overnight Treatment: I've been exploring this father and son brand at Space NK and consistently hear such fabulous things about this product. I'm a sucker for overnight treatments like you wouldn't believe, (bonus points if it's a sleeping treatment) so this has my name all over it. I'm hoping to get a few samples of it before thinking about the full-sized version (and its steep price tag).
4. Soap and Glory Super-Strength Body Firming Serum: I tend to be skeptical about this kind of firming, tightening product, but this number has gotten such glowing reviews that it just might be worth checking out. I love the idea of the rollerballs massaging the skin, and this could be worth the money if it even makes me think I'm less jiggly.
5. Dior Nail Vernis in Spring Ball: Every swatch of this shade only makes me fall more in love (go ahead and give it a Google), and this baby is sorely tempting my ban on buying expensive nail polishes. Given the extent of my collection, I really shouldn't, but the finish is so unusual and I don't have a lot of corals--maybe just this once?
6. Nuxe Creme Fraiche Mask: The Nuxe love affair continues! I'm wildly passionate about their Creme Fraiche line, and have my eye on this mask next. It's meant for dry skin, and although I'm incredibly oily, sometimes I feel as though my skin gets stripped. All the acne treatments and medication don't leave my skin feeling parched, but I get the feeling that it might not be getting enough moisture, which is where this product would come into play. Usage just once a week would probably do it for me, and if this smells like the Creme Fraiche cream, I might buy it for the scent alone.
7. NaturaBisse Eye Recovery Balm: Briefly mentioned toward the end of this post, I got a sample of this product and have been obsessed since first use. "Balm" is really the only way to describe this gloriously rich stuff that makes me feel thoroughly hydrated all night (and day, if I don't wash my face). The longevity of its moisturizing effects is really unbelievable and it sort of sets under the eyes so the product doesn't slip or move around. This bad boy makes every other eye cream I love look terrible in comparison, and the $95 price tag is the only thing stopping me from stocking up for life. Would it be weird to ask for eye cream for your birthday?
8. Oribe Anti-Humidity Spray: Was there ever a more perfect time for an anti-humidity spray? Between the gloomy, rainy days and the gray, humid days, my hair hasn't had the chance to de-frizz. I've tried a humidity-defying spray before (post), which didn't do anything, but if anyone can pull this kind of thing off, it's Oribe. Bonus: it comes in a cheaper travel size, so I can give it a try before committing to the full-sized canister.
9. ByTerry Hyaluronic Sheer Hydra-Balm Lipstick: These are part of the brand's spring 2013 collection, and as a sheer, moisturizing lip product kind of girl, I'm already drooling. The packaging, as you would expect, is all sturdy, silver and gorgeous, and By Terry has brought out some lovely and varied shades--I've got my eye on Baby Doll and Party Girl.
10. Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder: This cult favorite bronzer is one I've been stalking for a while, and its lack of orange tones make me want to give this contouring business a try. There's nothing wrong with my Physician's Formula bronzer (post), but even though this Kevyn Aucoin one is darker, I believe it may be even more flattering.
Let me know if you've tried any of these products!