This is not the exciting post I had planned for today, but I suddenly got slammed at work, had to stay late, and couldn't prepare for the amazing post like I wanted. I'm glad I've got the weekend to really crack on it, though, because a subject this great deserves an equally great post--watch this space come Monday!
I was trying to figure out if there was something else I wanted to blog about, when I realized I had a few guilty confessions to make. Remember last week when I said I was really going to watch my money and limit my spending?
Somehow, a peep into a drugstore here and there turned into a tiny haul. I don't feel too guilty, though, since nothing was expensive, and I accepted myself as a fickle being a long time ago.
Let's start with the most exciting!
1. Physician's Formula Nude Eyes Liquid Liners: I've had my issues with Physician's Formula liners in the past (post), but I fell for these colors at first glance. The sparkly black is nothing extraordinary, but just look at the pink and taupey-champagne! They are stunning, unusually beautiful (especially for the drugstore), and that taupe is unbelievably flattering. Despite all this raving, I haven't actually worn them yet, so I can't say anything about the staying power--fingers crossed these beauties stay put!
2. Nuxe Reve de Miel Hand and Nail Cream: I've begun a love affair with Nuxe skincare. Our fling began with samples of the incredible Creme Fraiche 24 Hour Moisturizing Cream (my new favorite skincare item, though I don't actually own it), and since then I've been perusing their products every chance I get. I really should have saved up for the Creme Fraiche, but I needed a new hand cream whereas I still have a few moisturizers, and I just couldn't walk away without buying something. (I already have the lip balm--both pot and stick--but you're sick to death of hearing about those. I know I am).
3. Nivea Pure and Natural Gel Deodorant: This is a repurchase so it hardly counts. It's one of my all-time favorite deodorants (post), and it smells exactly like DKNY Be Delicious. I'll pick up the aerosol version next!
4. Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink: I've been looking at this limited edition pot for a few weeks now, consistently picking it up (oh it's gorgeous I need it), and then putting it down (remember your last bank statement?). Thankfully, I'd racked up enough points at Duane Reade--is it just me or is the new rewards system terrible?--to get $5 off which I happily put towards Inked. I imagine it'll be a good way for me to start wearing color, plus I'm sure topping this off with some gold shadow would create a gorgeous rose gold. (Even typing out that overly trendy phrase annoyed me).
5. Milani Eyeshadow Primer: I bought this purely for the blog. It's not everyday you see an eyeshadow primer at the drugstore (I've honestly never even seen L'Oreal De-Crease), so I figured it'd be a good one to review. Plus, I'm slowly trying to get into everyday eyeshadow, and this seems like a good first step to take.
6. Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask: I typically excel at ignoring the tempting little bins by the Sephora checkout, but this one got to me. I've been wanting to try this mask for a while, and finally the miniature version begged to be snapped up. Of course, once I left the store, I remembered just how poor value for money these small sizes are, but that's my own fault for getting sucked into the small bins.
7. Illamasqua Speckled Nail Polish in Scarce: I didn't like these at all at first. I hate how pastel spring nail colors look on my yellowy skin, and I thought the design of the specks was just strange. But once again, Christine took a few fabulous photos, and the next thing I knew, I was braving the rain to purchase this. I've got mixed feelings here, but we'll talk more about this on Friday (along with another nail polish for you non-speckled folk).
There, I've confessed!
All in all, this hasn't made too big of a dent in my savings plan, which I am now strictly back on, thank you very much.
You know, just until the Jin Soon spring nail colors are launched. =)
Hope you're well!