It matches my boots.
But I'm not at all ashamed of my petty ways and have really been enjoying the slightly matchy-matchy effect of the pair. Since the glitter on my (highly impractical) boots is only in the back, you don't see it right away, so I love the surprising glimpse of the coordinating colors.
Even if it didn't match my boots so well, I would've wound up purchasing the misnamed Hot Wired anyway. You know I'm all about blue nail polish, and this color is one my collection was lacking--a pale, metallic cornflower blue that radiates frost. This polish is so deliciously chilly, making it a great transition color from warm fall tones to the blackened shades of post-holiday winter.
Unfortunately, this was one of my few misses with the Sinful Colors formulation. It's such a shame, as this is one of their more unusual colors, but Hot Wired went on sheer and patchy. I can deal with visible brush strokes, but the splotchiness of this color made it difficult to get an even finish.
But considering how much I love the Hot Wired/glitter boots combination, I'll just have to put up with the formula's deficiencies.
- My love affair with Anthropologie has gotten out of control. It's to the point where I have 10-15 items saved in my tabs and perpetually check to see if maybe this time, they just might be marked down. (They never are).
- Made the mistake of moisturizing my legs before putting on tights this morning. It only took about 7 minutes longer than usual to get them on.
- Started wearing my glitter mascara (last year's Shu holiday collection) again this week--strange looks on the subway be damned!
- In case you were wondering why there was no NOTW last week, it's because I was wearing my all-time favorite color, OPI Just a Little Rosti at This (post).
- It's Friday, and apparently I'm low on updates, so here are some drool-worthy images of what I've been stuffing my face with lately!
|Peking Duck is always a good idea|
|Eataly's lamb ragu (not as good as their oxtail)|
|Falafel from Hummus--one of the best I've ever had!|
And there'll be even more delicious food come Thanksgiving!
Have a lovely weekend!