The salon didn't do a particularly good job, but my love for this color overlooks any deficiency in the experience. It's no news that this murky greenish gold color has been popular lately, what with Chanel Peridot, Butter London Wallis, and OPI Just Spotted the Lizard, to name a few. (Yes, some shades are merely Peridot imitators, but that's a different subject). I'm attracted to any unusual nail color, but found all those shades to be too dark and intense and decided to forego the green-golds altogether, until I saw this bottle at Sephora. S-age is Just a Number has all the interest of a dingy greenish gold, but in a lighter color that (for me) makes it much more wearable. It's not so much bronzey, mossy-olive toned as it is a burnished antique-gold that reflects green. Still interesting, and definitely still a "love it or hate it" kind of color, but I think it's less objectionable than its darker counterparts!
You know by now that I don't typically like Sephora by OPI polishes, but I feel like lately they've made some improvements on them. S-age is Just a Number still isn't great or outstanding formula-wise, but I don't have any particular complaints and it's not nearly as bad as some of the S. by OPI polishes of a few years ago.
- These munchkins have been keeping me busy all week! So glad they're here, though! =)
- I need this eyeliner. But I would need it even more if it came in pencil!
- New Lady M location opening by Bryant Park! Doubt this one will be less crowded, but I'll be able to get The Best Cake Ever in Midtown! (If you haven't yet tried their signature Mille Crepe, you simply haven't lived!).
- Eagerly awaiting the new limited edition Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoos--see Amarixe's swatches here!
- Always nice when Mom makes a fancy "company dinner." Though some of her cooking techniques are questionable...
- Have decided to go off my acne medication just to see how my skin does on its own. Wish me luck!
Feel so good to be blogging again--I really missed it this week!
Post on my current makeup MVPs up next!
Hope you're well!