Miss Fancy Pants (love the name!) is part of Essie's Fall Stylenomics collection which I freaked over at Ricky's earlier this week. The colors aren't extraordinary, but the dusky greens and reds were such welcome relief from bright neon shades. Again, this color is fairly unremarkable but I actually don't have any gray polishes in my collection and I love that it's reasonably light compared to some murkier gray shades. Essie calls this a "greige" and while there isn't too much beige in this, it definitely leans more towards a nudish (or neutral) gray color instead of the more charcoalish taupey ones.
Miss Fancy Pants almost has a hint of dusky brown (the color in the picture looks slightly cooler), but for the most part it's just a straight-up gray that actually reminds me a lot of elephant skin. I've mentioned before that gray nail polishes typically aren't flattering on me, but this color is just fine, likely due to the beigeness of it. I'm starting a new job in a few weeks and have been trying to find relatively interesting colors that are still work-appropriate, and Miss Fancy Pants definitely fits the bill!
There's another sort of grayish color available in the Stylenomics collection called Don't Sweater It, so if you're looking for a more browny, purpley shade, check that one out. In the shabby iPhone photo above, Miss Fancy Pants is on the far right and Don't Sweater It is second from the left.
P.S. Into the Gloss (my favorite beauty site) did a fabulous interview this week with the founder of Essie. Read it here!
- Ever since I got home a week ago, I just haven't been into wearing makeup. At all. I'm starting to miss feeling made-up so I'm sure this phase will pass soon, but for now I'm enjoying being lazy and giving my skin a break.
- I re-ordered what I think is my Holy Grail moisturizer early this week. Post soon!
- Look what I found! If you don't read Emily's blog, Cupcakes and Cashmere, you are seriously missing out and her book is just as fantastic. I gave it a quick skim in Barnes and Noble, and it's the perfect mixture of style advice, recipes, decor tips and general tidbits to make life prettier. Give it a look!
- I made scones today and am desperately wishing for some clotted cream to go with them!
- I'm trying to find the easiest way to style my hair in a presentable way (i.e. with a blow dryer) and it is such a pain. Trying to use a brush is too complicated for me, just free drying turns my hair into a lion's mane, and things like the InStyler create a lot of frizz. But I'm determined to find a solution, so let me know if you have any tips!
- I think I've grown another inch or two, as lately all the dresses I try on (especially workwear types) have been almost scandalously short on me. Does this mean I'll need to start shopping in the Tall section? =/
Tarte reviews coming up!
Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!