I tend to feel that Essie nail polish formulas are very hit or miss, just like shopping at H&M. Certainly, I've had unforgivably sheer and all-around bad Essie polishes, but also the occasional gem like Ole Caliente (post) which is pretty much my gold standard for nail polish formulation. All Tied Up, despite being one of the good Essie colors, isn't terrific or remarkable, but definitely a far cry from some of their bad ones.
It went on well, pigmentation was good and I haven't seen any chipping--just a little wearing at the tips. Honestly, if Essie combined all their hit and miss formulas and made all of them uniformly like this, I might buy their polishes more often!
Color-wise, All Tied Up is a beautiful dusky rose with some gold shimmer laced through it. It actually reminds me of the lipliner/lipstick everyone wore in the 90s, only a bit more pink. (This shade would actually make for a gorgeous lipcolor!).
And in case you couldn't tell, I've been growing out my nails just because they look so much better for NOTW posts, but the length is really starting to get in the way of some daily tasks. So if you see horribly short and stubby nails next week, you'll know why!
Updates and this week's pictures!
- I am really sick of Asian women staring at me on the subway in an effort to figure out my ethnicity. I can almost hear the thought process... "well, look at those eyes, she's definitely part Asian, but what about those eyebrows and her height...?". Luckily, I've perfected the "whatchu looking at?" face to frighten them off!
- This humidity has forced me to fully give up on my hair. I've seen about a million tutorials online and in magazines for fuss-free summer hair looks, all of which involve endless fishtail or inverted fishtail/waterfall/complicated braiding. They're beautiful, but most look more appropriate for my wedding than running errands, not to mention I can't even French braid my own hair(!). Ponytails and messy buns it is!
- Really, CoverGirl? I know the BB Cream thing is in right now, but relabeling your tinted moisturizer as a BB Cream is just pathetic.
- I haven't tried the other flavors, but the Thin Mint ones are amazing. Stocking up!
- One of my concerns for my upcoming trip is, of course, how my nail polish will last. Am thinking it's high time I try a gel manicure!
- The upcoming releases of Fall/Winter beauty collections have me excited for Autumn! I've got my eye on Butter London's Gobsmacked and Lovely Jubbly (go ahead and give them a Google).
- I've spent a lot of time in Brooklyn this past week, enjoying everything from Red Hook lobster rolls to some absolutely stunning views.
That male thoughts on female eyebrows post (I'll think of a better title!) will be up Monday!
Have a lovely weekend!