I fought the intense temptation to buy this nail polish as my stash is getting a bit out of control, but still acquired this beauteous thing as a birthday gift from a sweet friend. Thanks, Michelle!
And I love it just as much as I thought I would. By now you've probably heard the description: an ultra shimmery pale lavender foil--but I'll do you one better. This nail polish is exactly what the love child of Sally Hansen's Pedal to the Metal (post) and Sephora by OPI I Don't Bite (post) would look like. Genius, right? It has the coolness and and silvery tones of Pedal to the Metal, but the purple and shimmer qualities of I Don't Bite. Combined, you obviously get the color, but there's the bonus of a beautiful finish which is probably my favorite aspect of this polish. Glitters can be overwhelming and creams are nice but can get boring, so the gloriously smooth and rich look of a foil is just perfect. It's almost as though you dipped each of your fingernails into a pool of metallic liquid color.
I've only been wearing this polish for a few days, but I've already gotten quite a few compliments on it! That, combined with how versatile it is (this could easily be a winter nail color) will get Lillibet's Jubilee moved to the small wicker basket of my absolute favorite nail polishes. What an honor!
- Shu Uemura and Karl Lagerfeld collaboration for the holiday collection?! Not quite a fan of Karl, but something tells me I'll be placing a large order from Shu come November. (Still loving my glitter mascara from last year's collection!)
- My cousin sent me this great article on famous and fabulous Taiwanese dishes. Link!
- Think I've finally had enough of this warmish hair color. Boxes of "dark brown" drugstore dye already purchased--thinking of doing the deed this weekend.
- Suddenly happy I have such an enormous collection of samples as I just realized my week-long trip at the end of July won't allow for any checked bags. Packing is going to be a nightmare...
- Why does everything show up on Sephora.com so much earlier than it's actually available in stores? I swear, the Ciate nail polishes have been up forever, but no sales associate I've talked to knows when they're coming in.
- What is it about summer that makes me neglect my feet? Incredibly counterintuitive, but somehow I never want to slather on the body butter and put on socks in warmer weather, though I'm happy to do it in the winter. I need to start forcing myself, obviously, as my heels are looking a little tragic these days.
- It's Friday so let's end the week on a happy note! Pictures of what I've recently stuffed my face with!
|Chickpea pasta with crab and squash|
|Spinach tagliatelle with lamb ragu|
|Strawberry panna cotta|
|Deconstructed blueberry and passion fruit cheesecake|
Hope that started off your weekend right!