First of all, this color is unlike anything else I have in my collection, and it kind of reminds me of Fly from the Nicki Minaj OPI collection or maybe Butter London's Slapper. (I don't have either for a side-by-side comparison, so this is purely speculation!). Surprisingly, it was an enormous pain to photograph properly, but the picture I've given is pretty close (though the real thing is just a little brighter).
If you don't speak obsessed-with-nail-polish, this is basically a bright teal mixed with some cornflower hues. It's definitely a more summery color than the blue nail polish I usually sport, and I've gotten a lot of compliments on it this week. I might even paint this on my toes, as this color would look gorgeous with some dainty silver or nude sandals.
Formula-wise, I'm really impressed with Hard Candy especially as their polishes are so cheap (around $3-4). Frenzy went on smoothly, was well pigmented and while I did see some wearing at the tips, I didn't experience any chipping.
On to my random updates!
- Sephora finally, finally got the Ciate Caviar Manicure sets in and it took all my self-control to walk away from this gorgeous rainbow one. (And it was the last one on the shelf!) If it lasted longer than 2-3 days, I would have snatched it up, but for such a short-lived effect I'm still not sure it's worth it.
- Going to be out of doors in the heat all day tomorrow and am actually looking forward to testing out some long-wearing products. You know you're obsessed with makeup when...
- Bought a little tub of Noxzema cleansing cream today inspired by this post and I'm really curious/nervous to try it. Creams as rich as this can be too much for my oily skin and I know not everyone reacts well to it, but so many people call it a miracle product. We'll see!
- Came across the most incredible deal at Target a few days ago while visiting my cousins in New Jersey. I seriously gasped when I saw the "buy one get one free" shelf, and immediately grabbed the package of two Macadamia Deep Repair Masques. The two together were less than what I would normally pay for one!
- Finally got my paws on Rimmel Lasting Finish foundation, and my experience so far has been very strange. Post comparing it to my beloved Revlon ColorStay coming soon!
- Loving my Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer. Loving.
- Look what I finally found! The new Revlon cream blushes! I privately congratulated myself on getting the last Coral Reef (pathetic) and it's just as gorgeous in person (see Amarixe's swatches here). On another note, I don't understand why the nail polishes from this new collection are of the old Revlon formula and packaging...
Exams are almost over and I couldn't be more thrilled.
Lots of product reviews coming up!
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!