Butter London's Bluey (NOTW post here) used to be my favorite blue polish, but I think Big Smoke just might have the lead now. From far away it looks like a cream, but as you get closer you see the gorgeous shimmery, soft-metallic finish it has--that, coupled with the richness of the color probably makes this my favorite jewel-toned nail polish.
In comparison, Bluey is a lighter, much more green-based blue that definitely contains more shimmer. I don't know which one is more wearable (totally subjective) but I would say that Big Smoke seems more of a winter polish, being that it's significantly cooler and darker.
|Big Smoke on the left, Bluey on the right|
I've been trying to find Butter London's darkest blue (Royal Navy--guess what kind of shade it is?) but for some reason the places that carry the brand never stock it, along with some other colors I'd like to see, like Macbeth. I hate ordering things online when I can't see the exact hue in person first, so I guess I'll just keep looking!
On to my random bullet-point updates!
- Downton Abbey! I live and die for this show--got through both seasons in about three days. It seriously makes all my other shows look like crap and I'm now going back and watching it all over again from the very beginning. What's this I hear about season three not airing till 2013?!
- Tried kombucha for the first time a few days ago and it smells and tastes like something rotting. Let's mark this as the last time I try something obnoxiously L.A.-trendy.
- L'Occitane's newest scent, Cherry Princess is absolutely lovely. I don't care that it's a totally generic fruity, floral smell, it's fresh and springy and I may very well have a new perfume by the end of February. =)
- Getting my hair cut and (for the first time) colored tomorrow and couldn't possibly be more excited. My hair has gotten so shapeless and long I've very nearly taken scissors to it myself.
- Hated to give in to the hype, but I picked up a MAC tendertone last week and have been playing around with it. I definitely like it, but it's not as moisturizing as everyone claims it to be and I'm not sure it's worthy of such a cult following. (I have a sneaking suspicion that they wouldn't be such a big deal if they weren't limited edition, but what else is new?)
- Batiste's colored dry shampoo is seriously weird--I'll talk about that more in a bit, but I'm definitely sticking to the normal one from now on.
Off to give my makeup brushes a much-needed wash!