I hate when my nails are this short, but they were almost ridiculously long before and I'm afraid I was a bit overzealous with the clippers. In any case, when they're all stubby like this I like to wear colors that would look too intense or dark on longer nails, so out came this shade.
My Private Jet is an unusual taupey-brownish gray with flecks of eye-catching iridescent glitter. It's almost chocolatey brown in the bottle but translates as much more charcoal on the nails. From far away it appears to be your standard dark, shimmery nail color, but up-close the tones of brown really come through and it looks much warmer and much more interesting. This is one of those colors that would be perfect for transitioning through the colder season, like going from fall to winter, as the shade is really neither warm nor cool.
It's been a while since I've done my random bullet point updates at the end of a NOTW post, so here you go!
- Duane Reade has had some really good sales lately. Look for the yellow sticker--a lot of beauty products are 50-70% off! I picked up a salon brand hair product today for $3 and am absolutely in love! More on that soon!
- Hey, look! Revlon makes eyeshadow primer now!
- Decided to postpone my haircut until I'm exactly sure of the cut I want, and even more nerve-wracking, the color. (Since I'm on break from school, these are now the trials and tribulations of my daily life).
- You have got to be kidding me.
- It's been unseasonably sunny in New York lately! Not quite warm, but a definite improvement from normal bitter January weather.
- I need to stop buying hair product, but what else is new?
- Bought one of those Sally Hansen nail wrap things and have yet to try it out. Something about nail polish stickers is a bit off-putting, but I'm curious about them so we'll see!
- Saw The Ides of March recently and it wasn't nearly as good as it could've/should've been.
- Have been desperately searching for a new method of nail polish organization without having to turn to those clear racks you see at salons. (I'd like for my stash to be somewhere out of sight). If you have any suggestions, please let me know!
That post on the Organix hair oils will be up next!