This is one of those colors that absolutely everybody who has China Glaze owns. (In fact, when I was buying CG polishes for the first time, I googled what their "must-have" colors were, and this one came up on every list). Obviously it's named after the fabulous slippers Dorothy wears in The Wizard of Oz, and the color is just about dead on, though it might have a touch more pink.
It's perfect for the holidays, naturally, but what I like best is that the glitter is very fine but also densely packed throughout the formula, giving you sparkly opaque nails without being obnoxious. It'll be a complete pain to remove, of course, but that's to be expected!
NOTW posts are the perfect time to update you all on the little things in my life, so here's the latest in my beauty world..
- Finally broke out my Bioderma Sebium cleanser I bought in Paris (post) and am totally unimpressed. Yes it cleanses my skin without stripping but so does nearly every other oily-skin cleanser out there, and this one is truly nothing special. I definitely prefer my Murad Clarifying Cleanser, which I'll probably go back to when I've used this up.
- I've been wearing my Shu Uemura glitter mascara like nothing else--it's party season!
- C.O. Bigelow My Favorite Night Balm is great stuff--apply before bed and wake up with slightly tacky (just wipe it off!), pillowy soft lips.
- Been really into my Asian sheet masks lately. I can never figure out if you're supposed to rinse after you peel the thing off, but I figure it's more effective not to, so I just rub in the excess fluid and slap a moisturizer on top.
- The townhouse from Breakfast at Tiffany's is on sale. Anyone have a spare 6 million to lend me?
- Soap and Glory Hand Food hand lotion is amazing. My purse will never be without it.
- Duane Reade now carries GOSH cosmetics! I'm not too familiar with the brand (it originated from Denmark, I believe?) but some of their stuff looks very promising. Tell me if you have any recommendations!
While my Christmas Day hasn't been too exciting so far, I did get to have a lovely Christmas Eve dinner with family I don't see too often. Accents were mocked, new boyfriends interrogated, and spring rolls and duck feet circled the table (what else would you eat to celebrate the birth of Christ?)--all in all a very merry night.
I'm off to wrap myself in blankets and curl up in bed with mulled cider and Love Actually!
Merry Christmas to all celebrating it, and I wish you all a happy and healthy holiday season surrounded by loved ones and delicious food!