I'm sorry this post is up a little later than usual, but I brought my dad's iPad with me to New Jersey this past weekend, and for some reason, it wouldn't let me blog. But better late than never, right?
As I mentioned earlier, two of my favorite cousins spent part of the year in their native Taiwan and just recently came back, bringing me lots of goodies! I'll spare you the food-related items, but if you're a bit of a foodie, check out my cousin's blog here--she has a lot of posts on her Taiwanese food adventures!
Hopefully some of you will find this interesting, as these products are somewhat unique and you can't really find them outside of Asia!
(I'll be talking about the products left-to-right, top-to-bottom, just to clarify).
1. Current MinisaftyL Razors. I get my eyebrows threaded (full post on the process coming soon! really excited about it!) but between appointments, they can look a little unkempt and these small razors are perfect for a quick-fix. You can use them on any type of facial hair, but I reserve them for my eyebrows.
2. ORIKS Home Care Intensive Hair Mask. A deep hair treatment that comes with its own cap! How cute! (And how well do my cousins know me?) This is meant to go into dry hair, and then be left under the hat it comes with. I've actually never used a hair mask that involved any sort of headgear, so I'm excited to try this one out!
3. Facial sponge. (Sorry, no English information is listed!) My cousin said this is a popular skincare thing at the moment, and as no one takes care of their skin like Asian people do, I'll definitely be using it! Apparently, you just apply cleanser to your skin, wet the sponge, and run it all over your face. It probably functions as a gentle exfoliant, but I think it's supposed to have some purifying, detoxifying properties as well.
4. Heated eye mask. (All Chinese/Japanese again!) I'm really intrigued by this product because most things of this variety are cooling to reduce any under-eye puffiness. I've actually never heard of a heated eye mask before, but it sounds like it could be really soothing.
5. iPhone case. (No brand listed). This might be the most adorable phone case I've ever seen! The straps of the flip-flop are kind of chunky, but that's actually good because they make it easier to find my phone in my purse. I just love it, and I've already gotten a few compliments on it while running errands!
6. Sasatinnie Moisture Boost Hand Mask. These little packages come with a super hydrating hand product and plastic gloves for the full treatment, and I absolutely cannot wait to use them. It sounds like such an indulgent treat, so I'll probably save them for the dead of winter when my skin basically becomes sandpaper.
7. Sasatinnie Moisture Boost Paraffin Foot Mask. The complement to the hand treatment, this guy works in exactly the same way, only it doesn't come with plastic socks or anything. I've never tried a foot treatment before (unless slathering your feet in Vaseline before bed counts) so I can't wait to see how this works. Like with the hand ones, I'll probably save this for the coldest months when my feet are at their worst.
It's been a few years since I've been in Taiwan, and having all this glorious stuff and munching on some snacks from there that I love is making me really miss it. When's my next vacation, again?
A huge thank-you to my cousins for bringing me all these fun things! I'm so excited to try them out!
If you've used anything I mentioned, please let me know!
Have a lovely week, everyone! Here's to a fantastic September!